Halaman Rumah Aku

Nuffnang Ads

Pengikut

29 Mac 2010

mY mOm oNly hAd oNE EyE...

my mom only had one eye.
i hated her...she was such an embarrassment.
 she cooked for students & teachers to
support the family.

there was this one day 
during elementary school
where my mom came to say hello to me.
i was so embarrassed. 
how could she do this
to me?

i ignored her, 
threw her a hateful look and
ran out.
the next day at 
school one of my classmate said,
"EEEE, your mom only has one eye!"

i wanted bury myself. 
i also wanted my mom to just disappear.
so i confronted her that day and said,
"if you're onlygonna make me 
a laughing stock, why don't you just die?!!!"

my mom did not respond
i didn't even stop to think 
for a second about what i
had said, because i was full of angry.

i was oblivious to her feelings.
i wanted out of that house,
and have nothing to do with her.
so, i studied real hard,
got a chance to go to Singapore
to study.

then, i got married. 
i bought a house of my own.
i had kids of my own. 
i was happy with my wife, 
my kids ant the comforts.

then one day, 
my mother came to visit me.
she hadn't seen me in years 
and she didn't even meet her grandchildren.

when she stood by the door, 
my children laughed at her, 
and i yelled at her 
for coming over uninvited.
i screamed at her,
"how dare you come to my house 
and scare my children!"

GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!"

and to this, my mom quietly answered,
"Oh, i'm so sorry. i may have gotten 
the wrong address,
" and she disappeared out of sight.

one day,
a letter regarding a school reunion 
came to my house in Singapore.
so, i lied to my wife that i was going 
on a business trip.

after the reunion, 
i went to the old shack just out of curiosity.
my neighbors said that she died. 
i did not shed a single tear. 
they handed me a letter 
that she had wanted me to have.

"my dearest son, i think of you all the time.
i'm sorry that i came to Singapore 
and scared your children.

i was so glad when i heard 
you were coming for the reunion.
but i may not be able 
to even get out of bed to see you.
i'm sorry that i was a constant embarrassment 
to you were growing up.

you see.....when you were very little, 
you got into an accident, and lost your eye. 
as a mother, 
i couldn't stand watching you having
grow up with one eye.

so i gave you mine 

i was so proud of my son 
who was seeing a whole new world for me,
in my place, with that eye.

with my love to you,

YOUR MOTHER....


 

1 ulasan:

mIsz aQma zAiNi berkata...

sedihhh...
tringt crita shila rusli n iqram dinzly tu....
sob3 :(

Catat Ulasan

ahlan wa sahlan !!!
terima kasih kerana sudi tinggalkan komen...